The cold winter months can be rough on long hair. It can get dry, static, frizzy and prone to breakage. Here are a few of my favorite tips that will help you maintain beautiful and healthy long hair throughout the winter!
– Use heavier products (heavy conditioner, hair masks and serum. The serum I use is the hair cement serum by Ultra Doux)
– Add extra moisture to your night time hair care routine (demineralized/purified water with aloe vera and rosemary essential oil)
– Keep static electricity at bay (I use Gliss Kur Winter Repair Express-Repair Conditioner Leave in. Spraying hair spray on your brush can be a good temporary fix as well.)
– Use a humidifier in your house (a pot filled with water that you place on top of your heater works too, but not as well)
– Do (hot) oil treatments. I particularly like jojoba oil, olive oil, coconut oil, grapeseed oil and essential oils. For my personal hot oil treatment recipe and how I apply it, check out this video:
– Remove build up (I use apple cider vinegar rinses. For a video on that, click here:
– Drink plenty of water
THANK YOU for watching! Feel free to leave me a COMMENT. Don't forget to give this video a THUMBS UP if you like it and SUBSCRIBE for more! SHARING is caring.
PREVIOUS VIDEO –
LONG HAIR CARE TIPS & TUTORIALS –
CRAFTS & DIY'S –
MISCELLANOUS VIDEOS –
SEASONAL FAVORITES –
TEST IT TUESDAY (impressions & reviews) –
MUSIC: The Youtube Audio Library
HD – Watch the video in High Definition
SUBTITLES- This video has subtitles in English and Dutch!
Connect with me!
Use the HASHTAG #CraftyRenate on Twitter & Instagram
BUSINESS INQUIRIES – email@example.com